Gyobingauk is a small town and seat of Gyobingauk Township, Tharrawaddy District, in the Bago Region of southern-central Burma. It lies approximately 10 kilometres north of Okpho along National Highway. It is located roughly 185 kilometres north of Yangon. The town has a Roman Catholic history with missionaries. This Mission is an old mission being established in 1890 by Fr. John Baptist Eugenus (MEP). The Church was blessed in 1915. As many as 25 Priests have passed through serving here. There are about 92 villages with 25 out-stations. There are 5000 Catholics. They are all ethnic Kayins.