Small bus, bit of trouble getting all the luggage to fit but they did. Stops were nice and frequent with good facilities at the stops and they picked me up from my hotel and took me to my new guest house (once in town they took us in a smaller vehicle). Also we arrived an hour early which was great.
Bus stopped on every corner. Bus driver ran errands. Bus allowed more than capacity to ride the bus. Bus picked up and dropped off passengers on every corner. This all added to the time it took to get to the destination as well as made it extremely hot and uncomfortable for the passengers. A bus should only take as many people as it has seats for. The air conditioning was not very strong and it was an overnight bus. The company should not have allowed so many pick up and drop off and had passengers sitting in the aisles. It was a bad experience that made me feel very sick. It took far too long to get there because of all of the stops and it was not comfortable. I would have paid more for a better bus.
The travelling time advertised is 4 hours, dep. 8am arrival 12pm but the bus stopped often to pick up passengers anywhere and was two hours late on arrival. We had plans and this caused inconvenience. The bus had no movie and picked up more passengers than seating so people sat in the aisle. When we arrived at the Mandalay bus terminal, we went to ask the office why the bus was so late and had we been put on the wrong bus? The man said it was not their business, we had to talk to Green Myanmar, who sold ticket to us.
Not recommended for tourists! Reasons as following;
1. Delayed (not too serious). I prepared for being picked up at the hotel 1 hour before departure time but they came 10 minutes late and departed the station 25 minutes late from the schedule.
2. Tickets with same seat number (serious). I booked online with myanmarbusticket.com and already occupied seat no.12 but a Chinese tourist buying the ticket at the counter got the same seat number as mine. So the crew allowed her to sit wherever she wanted.
3. Drove dangerously (very serious). He stopped immediately because new passengers along the way flagged down the bus. Everyone was waken up and almost falling down from their seats. Again and again, he suddenly braked at the traffic light when nearly arrived Mandalay, everyone could do nothing just looking at each others.
4. The vehicle itself declared as 19-seat minibus but the maximum passengers on the bus were 23-24, not include 1 driver and a crew. I think that there were more buses from another companies for those passengers to catch on the way instead of picking them up and let them sit on the floor.
5. The driver and crew DIDN'T KNOW the way to deliver passengers to hotels. It took 1 hour to transfer the remain passengers to 3 hotels. They lost and lost driving around Mandalay althougn I showed them hotel voucher with address and the exact location via GPS map on my device, the still didn't understand.
Tourists are already exhausted from taking trip and should have better bus for around 5-6 hour journey to the hotel, so I don't recommend this busline to all.
It's OK. It takes a little less than what they say. You arrive in Mandalay around 21.30. The seats are numbered from the front to the back (19 being the back corner seat). The seats in the front are OK, at the back it gets REALLY bumpy and it's impossible to sleep, read or whatever you want to do. The staff was very kind, they provided as with water and stopped on request when one of us needed a toilet. I would probably do it again, maybe I would book it here in the hostel (it's a few bucks cheaper) instead of online as it wasn't really crowded (even if it is early december, almost high season so i don't think they run out of seats)